POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces : Re: heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces Server Time
4 Aug 2024 16:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: heightfields, 16bit images and isosurfaces
From: Lutz-Peter Hooge
Date: 9 Jun 2003 17:30:47
Message: <3ee4fc87@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:

> Actually, it would be more comparable. The isosurface isn't composed of
> flat surfaces.

Here are some pictures to compare the different interpolations in
isosurfaces.
<http://www.lutz-peter.hoogi.de/extern/hfield/interp.html>

I implemented bicubic as a function, however there is still some problem
with it, causing some artifacts.

btw, is there a reason bicubic interpolation isn't in POV?
Yesterday I succeeded in compiling (Mega-)POV, I think implementing
bicubic interp. would be a good exercise.

Lutz-Peter